Canada / USA


Advertisement
Published: October 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Having spent nearly two weeks in the San Francisco area we are beginning to feel like locals. We have been staying at Sean and Michelle's house in San Mateo (Lorna's son and daughter in law).They have two gorgeous girls, Hannah who is 4 and Molly who had her first birthday while we were there, who kept us entertained. They all made us very welcome even though they were having an extension built an... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




5th October 2014

Thank you
I love your blogs . I always feel as though I have had a trip myself after I have read them. How exciting your adventures just keep coming. However I cannot believe that you have already been posing with Father Christmas, how sad is that.Here at home we have been having a real treat, beautiful sunshiny days (admittedly it takes a little while for the sun to break through the mist) and some days the temperatures have even been in the low 20s. The ladies who lunch had a wonderful walk from Fawley to Ashleet creek on Thursday. After walking through woods and fields down to Calshot Spit and along the beach, we continued acoss the marsh in front of Fawley power station until we reached The Jolly Sailor in the creek. We ate luch outside in the sunshine in with a view of the old mill house and the comings and goings of the container ships and even a Tall Ship across the Solent. It was really lovely. The holiday feeling continued on Friday when Steve and I went to Hilliers Arboretum. The colours in the flower beds are still absolutely gorgeous. Once the evening comes I reach for my jumper and some socks but I cannot believe how lucky we are at the moment. I wonder where your next stop is going to be. I very much look forward to hearing about it. Take care, happy travelling.

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb