California, here we come!


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The only way you could get me to get up at 3 a.m. is for a vacation to California! Steve, Dana, & Mom (Grandma Betty) caught a 6 a.m. flight from Moline to Denver to San Francisco. (Thought of Heidi as we spent an hour in Denver airport.) Met Laura at SFO airport--Grandma needed a roommate. Rented a pretty shiny red car (driving a brand new Nissan sedan, not a '69 Z 28 Camaro, this time). Took a drive through San Francisco, over the Golden Gate Bridge, half hidden in the fog. Steve was surprised to find out the Golden Gate Bridge is red instead of gold colored! Enjoyed a late lunch in Sausalito (our stomachs are still on Central Time, so we were starving!). Spinnaker's restaurant had an unbelievable view of San Francisco Bay! Very busy town, with all the 4th of Juy festivities. We had 5 minutes to catch the shuttle to John Muir Woods and couldn't find parking, so we lucked out and were able to beat the shuttle to the next town, Marin City. Had quite a dramatic drive along the hairpin curves on the steep hills. Spent a short time exploring the Muir woods redwoods. We were in awe of God's creation--the majesty of the redwoods! Steve went a little crazy taking over the camera! Returned to San Francisco, and found our rental flat in Noe Valley. The initial plans to watch fireworks over the Bay got scratched--we were all too tired, and the weather here is freezing!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0146s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb