Day 4 - Emma's Birthday in San Francisco


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
September 3rd 2012
Published: September 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

UploadedFile0UploadedFile0UploadedFile0

Inside of Rainforest dome at the Musemum of Sciences
Today is Emma's birthday, so a special day by any standards! Poor Emma had already had the majority of her birthday presents including an IPod from us, but it is not every day that you get to celebrate your birthday in a different continent, so a special day none the less!
After breakfast, and a trip to the Apple Store to resolve our issues with receiving emails, we ventured by electric bus to Golden Gate Park to explore the Museum of Natural History.What an amazing building - complete with a butterfly filled rain forest, earthquake simulator for the 1906 and 1989 shakes for San Francisco... must admit the way the city has rebuilt after the quakes is truly astonishing!!! There was also an aquarium, planetarium and the albino alligator which was funny as anything to look at but no way we wanted to get too close.its green features included its living roof and insulation made from old blue jeans.We then walked around the park and looked at Stow Lake and some of the other areas of the park before heading home. Meet up with Barb and Paul outside rainforest cafe and had a great night that none of us with forget especially Ems, lots of laughs and funny drinks (for the adults too!). Setting was amazing and unbelievably animated to the point where Sarah jumped a mile when an elephant head moved and made a huge racket that scared her to death.Finished massive meals and drinks and went back to Barb and Paul's place to check out their digs... and use their wifi before heading home. All in all a great night out enjoyed by all. On the way home the kids enjoyed hanging off the trams as much at 10pm as they do at 10am... parents, not so much!All fell into bed having had another great day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



9th September 2012

Happy Birthday Emma
Hi Em, Happy Happy Birthday from the Middletons....it looks like you had a fantastic birthday! We look forward to hearing all about it when you get back! Love from Trevor, Sharon, Stacey and Abby :) :)
9th September 2012

Hi am so enjoying hearing about your trip and the places you are going, I can picture them all! Please keep the updates coming xxoo.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb