Day 71 - San Francisco


Advertisement
Published: June 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Punjabi nanny made a lunch of zeera pulav and green gram dal. Sri's flight got delayed so instead of 12.30 left Chithra's house only at 3.30pm. While driving into SFO noticed that the whole hill of ups and downs was so tightly packed with buildings...offices and residences. The other places we had seen had large open spaces..not here.

Reached Grand Hyatt at SFO by 4.30. Checked in and had free snack at the hotel club...this free snack is for club members only. Left at 6.00 by car to do some sight- seeing. Drove down the crooked street...the most crooked street in the world. It was a bit scary...almost like a Disney ride! All streets in SFO have steep slopes....they go up and down..a feature unique only to SFO. Then went to the view point of the Golden Gate Bridge and then went to Fisherman's Wharf area. Parked the car and walked around looking for a good place to eat and finally settled for Cioppino. Tasted clam chowder, which is famous over here. It was good. Tasted fish...was really fresh and good. R had soup in the sour dough bread bowl. Sour dough bread is a speciality here. It is like a huge bun. The center is scooped out and thick clam chowder soup is served in it. Then went for ice-cream to the world famous Ghiradelli Square. Had a huge ice-cream that i somehow managed to finish....too good to waste.

At night the view from our room on the 26th floor got more amazing with all lights of the sky scrapers. I never thought that a concrete skyline could be so enchanting. It was simply breathtaking.


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0831s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb