San Francisco 2


Advertisement
Published: July 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Drove to Telegraph Hill. Climbed up Coit Tower. Willy looked with interest as acrylic artist explained how he drew his pictures of San Francisco.

Drove to Russian Hill. Walked up the celebrated flowering Lombard Street, as tourist cars snaked their way down the road.

Drove to the Exploratorium. Parked in a neighbourhood of exquisite Pacific Heights townhouses. The boys were keenly interested in the hands-on exhibits at the Exploratorium.

Drove the Scenic Drive through the Presidio, past the Legion of Honour, into Outer Richmond, following Geary Avenue to its end at the Sutro overlook of the Seal Rocks. San Francisco at its coldest and foggiest.

Headed back toward the hotel. Meandered a bit through the Univ of San Francisco (Jesuit) neighborhood, trying to find a short path to Haight-Ashbury. Gave up.

After resting at Hilton, went to Nob Hill to catch a streetcar down California Street. Windy and biting cold. Boys fascinated by the gears and brakes.

Then to Fishermen's Wharf to eat at -- Burger King.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.238s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb