San francisco


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
September 28th 2011
Published: September 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Up before 6 am to see us passing under the golden gate bridge. not quite light out but enuf to see that appears that we barely clear the bridge but clearly we must have plenty of room. Breakfast immedately after. We get ready in the room and are just into the atrium when they announce that we can go ashore. no line at the gangway and we are walking towards the pier for alcatraz in no time. Short boat ride over to the rock. Really warm in San Franciso- i have to buy a tee shirt and take off my sweater. Saw a man with an Ott House shirt on - he lives near emmitsburg- really a small world - that he would be at alcatraz with me and know of a restaurant in the very small town where Jen lives. The cells are very small and i find it interesting that so many of the guards families lived on the rock in apartments. The children went by boat to the mainland every day for school. Back to land and we took a trolley to the restaurant where we met toni's friend, Anne, for lunch. Best Kobe beef burger ever but very expensive. Anne took me to a walgreen's and i got a very cheap digital camera to replace my broken one. Very hard to get battery door to close but i took some pics of the bridge going out and they are not too bad. No zoom but it will do for the rest of the trip unless i see one really cheap in mexico. Early dinner with 6 others and off to see a show. Nite.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb