The last hurrah


Advertisement
Published: May 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello all!

Today was our last full day in SanFran, and it was a nice one. This morning we went to the Exploratorium, which is an entirely hands-on building of science experiments. The kids were able to learn about sight, magnetism, plants, etc. I wish there were one in Utah! We even made a few trips through the tactile dome, in which you are engrossed in complete darkness and must crawl through tunnels, square rooms, down slides, and through foam in order to get out. The challenge is to identify what it is that you're feeling; the walls are covered with odd objects, such as tennis rackets, paint brushes, and keys. The kids LOVED it! This afternoon/evening we hung out in Golden Gate Park and people watched for a lilttle while. We were too late to make it to the museum within the park (and it was way to cold to walk there) so we made the trip back to the bus stop. Apparently all bus routes are not created equal; we waited over half an hour in cold and gusting wind for a bus that came just as frostbite was setting in (or so it seemed).

Tomorrow we will attempt to do a few of the things that we haven't gotten to yet, although there is so much to do in this city that 5 tomorrows would not be enough.

Below is our flight information:
Delta #3998 (Operated by SkyWest Airlines) from Oakland, CA to Salt Lake City
Depart: 4:04 pm
Arrive: 6:46 pm

Please be at the school by 8pm to pick up your students, as Monson and I are also anxious to get home 😊. For those of you who are driving (Werner and McGee?) please be at the airport by 6:50 (you can just pull up curbside and wait). Thanks!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb