Day 1 - Proof of life


Advertisement
Published: July 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


This isn't going to be an interesting post. Worse still, the post doesn't feature a photo of me trying take a bite out of something larger than my head *sigh* so sad. Just updating the travel journal to say that I arrived in San Francisco this afternoon after flying in from Perth (via Singapore and South Korea).

All flights were crammed full of hyperactive kids, a number of them Twilight fans *ugh*. The Perth to Singapore trek was the toughest out of the lot. Stuck between a bodybuilder that wasn't familiar with proper armrest protocol and another fella who thought that wearing headphones with speakers pointing outwards results in better sound quality. Yeah, I heard you listening to Michael Bolton at 3 in the morning.

Spent most of this afternoon trying to stay awake. Did some shopping and gathered the basics - peanut butter, beer, orange juice and processed meat. Going to try and research transit and tour passes so I can hit the ground running tomorrow morning. Hoping to get a ticket to an Alcatraz tour before flying out to Denver. The 4th of July long weekend may throw a spanner in the works.

Weather forecast for tomorrow: A lovely 20 degrees. Time to start resurrecting the tan. Lookout George Hamilton.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb