It's Like...


Advertisement
Published: March 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Remember back in the day? You know. Back when you would put on your favorite record on the turntable. Maybe it was the Beatles or Stones. Maybe Joni or James or Aretha. Maybe Chopin. Whoever. But there you would be, grooving to the sounds when suddenly, some bonehead bumps into your turntable and all you heard was the needle scratching across the record. Not only were you rudely interrupted from your reverie, but you knew that music was not going to sound as smooth in the future. There would probably be an annoying little pop or hiss from that point on. Maybe only you would hear it. That's kind of like how the past week has felt (sounded?) to me. Grooving along on our travels, seeing people, spending time in the desert, relaxing when suddenly, the record scratch of "WHAT"S NEXT?" sends my internal needle across the platter. I've been hunting for school positions for the fall because this is when schools set their faculty up for the next school year. Coming in the midst of well deserved time off from such consideration is a bit jarring. I will probably hear that internal question for the remainder of the song. Probably most loudly between 2:00 and 4:30 AM.

Advertisement



6th March 2010

The Employment you seek is seeking you, too!
You are a man of such talent and heart...I am sure that you will find just the right situation, and I'm sure they will be thankful to find you, too! Hugs to M and Q!
6th March 2010

Invision
Sounds more like your needle got stuck in that groove. We all know, we don't know "What's Next?" even when we think we do. If you simply look at the unfolding of your current venture you should be able to trust that what is good will practically fall in your lap....right? Jobs just aren't happening...I hear. Maybe you should just invent one...one on one kid taming by the famous Dave! Easy for me to say...good luck! xoxox

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb