Driving in San Francisco Part, CA 5


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
January 14th 2010
Published: January 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Montgomery Street

It is a lot of fun to be in the financial district during lunch hour on weekdays. The place is buzzing with activities. Men and women, dressed-up for success, rush to get to their lunch appointments. UPS and FeDex delivery truck drivers are busy collecting the parking tickets. DHL guys don’t want to be left behind either. The florists are busy delivering colorful and fragrant thank you notes and love letters to the unexpected recipients working in the offices. Stock brokers are bragging to friends about the killing they have made in the morning trades. Bankers, investors, and lawyers are having a power lunch meeting about how to buy some third world country that starts with a ‘B’, over seared tuna appetizer and salmon with chervil and lobster entrée.

Others decide to bask in the sun, having their take-outs among the pigeons at the city parks, office-building balconies, staircases, and squares. They are discussing the bands and Broadway shows playing around town, the foreign movies showing at the Embarcadero Theater, the new restaurants around the corners, and the multiple bids on the skyrocketing priced closet-size condos in the city.

Food vendors in the financial district sell fruit juices, gluten-free desserts, soy based ice creams, organic salads, and low-calorie pasta. After work hours, the movers and shakers of the financial world change their attire to sportswear and head to the around-the-corner Yoga and Pilates classes...@driving-vacation

More pictures...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.299s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1003s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb