Our Travels


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
September 13th 2008
Published: September 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We've had a great couple of weeks here in the States so far. We've had the opportunity to visit many people with whom we've been acquainted for many years. Here are some of the highlights we've had so far:

Sunday, Aug. 31: We visited the East Main church of Christ, which is Joy's home congregation. George gave his presentation about our work in Tanzania that evening.

Sept. 7: We worshiped with the Airport church of Christ, in South San Francisco. We labored with this congregation for five years - 1988-2003. This wonderful congregation has backed our work and supported us financially every where we've been since working with them, and for that we are extremely humbled and grateful.

We were invited to go to a SFO Giant's baseball game on the 10th, and so we spent the day with a family from East Main, Jim and Janine Tuggle, and their sons, as well as Patrick Swayne, who was on his way to Australia, where he will be doing mission work. He is going to be working with the Eastside congregation in Melbourne, Australia. It just so happens that this is a congregation that George visited when he went on a mission trip to Australia several years ago. George has high regard for the brethren there, and so it was nice to visit about that work.

We enjoyed our day in SFO. We could not have asked for better weather; the day was simply beautiful. After the game, we took a quick (that is relative, in view of the traffic) jaunt into the city, and drove down Lambard St. We then headed to South San Francisco, where we worshiped with the Airport congregation. This gave us the opportunity to hear Patrick's presentation about the work in Australia. After services, our family headed back to the city, where we paid a visit to Swensen's Ice Cream shop. They still make their ice cream on location, and we used to frequent the place whenever we had a chance, when we lived in the Bay Area. We then drove back to Stockton, where we've been staying with Joy's parents.

Thursday morning we were up early to head to Angel's Camp, where we are presently staying a few days with George's brother, Dan, and family. While we are here, George and his siblings are taking the opportunity, while we have everyone together, to sort through their parents personal belongings. It's not a particularly enjoyable task, but one that needs to be done. Friday morning, Joy taught the ladies class for the Angel's Camp congregation, and Sunday, George will be giving his presentation. Sunday afternoon we will head back to Stockton.

Thursday, the 18th, we will be taking a flight to Oklahoma, and will then begin our seven week road trip. We are looking forward to each destination. We have yet to reunite with many dear friends, and we greatly anticipate seeing you all!

Please keep us in your prayers as we continue our travels.
Love,
The Jensens


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Lombard St.Lombard St.
Lombard St.

The crooked street of SFO


Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.2558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb