Visiting San Fran


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrived early this morning, got our car, and immediately headed to Fisherman's Wharf for lunch. Hit Boudin's Grill for Clam Chowder (my favorite) and a sandwich. After 4 hours on the plane, lunch hit the spot and to be in the middle of the Wharf and people watch, was fantastic. From there, we took the ferry tour around the bay. It was amazing to the see the Golden Gate Bridge and almost as amazing, was the fog. When we ate lunch, it could not have been a more beautiful day, clear sky over head, nice breeze coming off the bay, just fantastic. Then we get close to the GG Bridge, and the sun disappeared behind the fog and an incredible chill came over the area and the surroundings just got dark and gloomy. But once we finished the tour, the weather was sunny and amazing all over again. Great way tro get introduced to SF.

We then hit a few stores and then drove off to find THE CHOCOLATE PLACE, Ghirardelli's. In addition to the Chocolate Shop and the Ice Cream Shop, there are 2 great wine places, WattleCreek and Cellar360. Since M has a reception tonight, we could not do the wine tastings, but, no fear, we will definitely be back for back-to-back wine tastings. Relunctantly, we left to find our hotel. Now the nice thing about traveling in the States is not having to get used to foreign signs, foreign drivers, and driving on the other side of the road. So the ride to the Wharf and then to the hotel did not include the usual yelling, screaming, and general headache inducing chaos. Well, M is off to her reception, I am researching places to go tomorrow, and of course, if our energy holds out, a few places to go tonight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb