The start part 2


Advertisement
Published: July 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Painted Ladys The Painted Ladys The Painted Ladys

Famous in every San Fran Based Film.
Writing in retrospect, the more I think about my time away the more I think that i need to record my travels. Maybe no one will ever read them but perhaps I may.
Part two, strange to start here perhaps but need more time to think about part one. So after we had returned from France (Part one) we had a great two weeks of traveling around the UK seeing everyone that was available, spending a great weekend in London with David and Kate.
It all started ridiculously early on Saturday morning when we got taken to Heathrow airport for our Virgin flight to San Francisco. After a very tearful goodbye and lengthly plough through customs and security we finally boarded our plane, this was it we were off.
We got into San Fran not long after we took off, give or take 8 hrs, a quick trip on the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) and we were taken to Powell and our hotel. The Stratford Hotel, very central but calm, we didn't have a view which also meant we weren't kept awake by the trams! The breakfast was basic but filled a whole, i guess you get what you pay for.
We knew we didn't have long in San Fran, but it was alright because we also knew what we wanted to do. Like every tourist we passed, the idea was simple, Ride the tram over the hills to the bay, see the famous piers, Alcatraz and the Bridge. Of course that does not take three days to do that and San Francisco has a lot more to offer.
So we got ourselves a three day transport ticket $18 to get as lost as you like from dawn till dusk and not worry about paying any more to get yourself on the right road again. It was a lesson we learned in London and take with us now every where we go, if traveling in a new city find out the price of a return compared to a day pass, it's bad enough getting on the wrong bus without worrying about paying another fare to correct yourself and then again to go the right way.
We went West, to find the Pacific and the Golden Gate Park, which is very much worth a visit, take a day and your lunch it states it is the largest inner city park in
pier 39 pier 39 pier 39

The place to go if your a seal.
the World and feels like it, lost in a wilderness of green in the middle of a Californian city, wonderful. The Ocean Beach is massive but far to cold and windy when we got to it so we returned on the trolley bus back to the city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb