San Francisco


Advertisement
Published: June 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It is day 7 of our USA roadtrip.

We have toured around Hollywood and seen many stars homes and places of interest such as the balcony that Richard Gere propses to Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, the Hollywood sign, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anistons old house, Beckingham Palace and the Playboy Mansion to mention a few. Walked along the golden star walk of fame and got accosted by Yoda, Batman and many a Marilyn Munroe.

Our next celeb appearing on CelebSpot was Mo from Eastenders. Not quite topping Mike Tyson but exciting all the same.

We have a 4x4 Suzuki jeep (free upgrade from our economy tin-can on wheels, get in!) with all the modcons which we drove for 10 hours up through Santa Cruz to Pigeon Point Lighhouse, our next bed for the night. Took a while to get used to driving on the 'wrong' side of the road with an automatic especially in the crazy cities but we are getting there. Some better than others but no names mentioned ;o)

Very picturesque and idyllic but a little windy so for the next day we headed back to Santa Cruz to make the most of the
The BeastThe BeastThe Beast

Our lovely free upgrade
beach there and even went for a swim with the seals.

We then headed for San Francisco to settle for a few days. We are based right in the city centre so obviously had to go and check out the shops, finding our way to American Eagle and Abercrombie where a few purchases we made. Mainly warm hoodies as it can get a bit chilly of an evening.

Heading to Fisherman's Wharf today to book some bikes to cycle over the golden gate bridge and a trip to Alcatraz for a few days time. Tomorrow there is a triathalon escape from Alcatraz which we are hoping to go and watch.

The hostel is well equipped although in our 4 bed room we had to share it with a thaiwanese girl last night who insisted sleeping with a face mask on looking like an extra from Halloween. We had to hide in the bathroom with the tap on to muffle our crys of laughter. She had to get up at 5.30am and left us some thaiwanese snacks and a note as an apology for waking us up so early.

We hear the weather is picking up in
San FranciscoSan FranciscoSan Francisco

Fishermans Wharf
England but no way is it as nice as here, so there!

Love to hear how much you are missing us as we are you, but now off for some more exploring.

Lots of Love,
S,S and L
xxxx






Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

San FranciscoSan Francisco
San Francisco

Fishermans Wharf
The Bush ManThe Bush Man
The Bush Man

Tends to jump out at people
San FranciscoSan Francisco
San Francisco

Lombard Street - its a zig-zg road.


17th June 2008

The weather
"We hear the weather is picking up in England ... " Did you? Well it's not, it's been lousy lol. More photos!

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb