The transition begins...


Advertisement
Published: April 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ronnie and I have found a couple great apartments in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico for a fraction of what we pay in SF and after a lot of talking and planning...we have decided to go for 6 months to live a simpler life and get back on track to what it means to just be. No more rat race for us! At least not for a while. We have been slowly telling friends, family and even our bosses of our planned trip and all are excited for us and amazed that we are going to do it.

There is a lot of work ahead of us. We will have to leave our San Francisco apartment as the landlord will only sublet if we raise the rent $1000 and all checks come from my account...which is impossible while in Mexico and without a job. As for money, we are both going to be doing freelance work to make ends meet and I have been saving money for this kind of dream for months. I will keep updating this blog of news and once it is announced to more people, then this will become my blog for the whole moving and 6 month experience.

I can't believe we are actually going to do this...and it is going to be amazing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb