Back from the Dead


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
January 19th 2008
Published: January 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

OK OK OK we know we haven’t written for a while but we were definitely dying and it wasn’t just a small bout of man flu either! We decided it was time to face the big outdoors once more and finish off our sightseeing (plus it really doesn’t take that long before you start to lose the will to live after watching so much American TV). So armed with a handbag full of various pills and medicinal cure-alls we headed off to the Golden Gate Bridge, in style, in a taxi. The weather was gloriously sunny and the temperature a pleasant 60 something; extremely gorgeous for a mid January morning. Having said that it was blowing a bit of a gale on the bridge so it felt pretty damn chilly.

After recreating Andy’s famous bridge shot taken 11 years ago, almost to the day, we walked back to Fisherman’s Wharf along the beach and via the marina. It’s so hard to believe it’s January, the world was out jogging, walking the dog, skateboarding and…erm electric upright scootering. I’m sorry if you’re a fan of those contraptions but I just don’t get it! I can’t imagine they go up the steep hills here and well you just look like a dork stood on a broom with wheels… did I mention we saw a policeman on one in Nashville? Say no more…

We stopped off at the wharf for a warming bowl of clam chowder and a spot of shopping, as you do. We managed to get back to the hotel before the bewitching hour (that’s when the free wine ends), the camp concierge was very keen to hear about our visit to 1015 and another DJ was spinning some discs, all very chilling.

Well we’re off out to dinner in a mo, Chinese tonight, well we are on the edge of Chinatown so when in Rome (have I used that phrase before?)

Song for the day: Steve Miller Band - Song For Our Ancestors

Nina & Andy x0x0



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb