10-6


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Let's get the important thing out of the way - the Cards won today, 10-6. Now that that's settled we can talk about everything else since our last update.

The train ride up the Califronia coast was amazing. I've heard the trip described before, but it's really something you have to see to really know how tremendous the landscape is here. You'll go along past beaches on one side and mountains on the other. At times you'll look into the distance at the ocean, not realizing that you're actually on the edge of a cliff that's 40 feet above the water.

Along the way Sarah claims to have seem dolphins, and we both definitely saw some sea lions lazing on the mud flats in Monterrey Bay.

What we've seen of San Francisco and Tiburon is breathtaking. The Tiburon Peninsula is unbelievable. You don't (at least I didn't) know until you're here that there are mountains rising directly up from the bay. Really, no matter where you are you have something to look at. in SF you can look across the bay to the North and take in the mountains, you can look to the West and see the Golden Gate, or you can look to the Northeast (or North depending on where you are) and see Alcatraz.

Looks like we'll have two full days ahead of us - tomorrow we're going to visit the Museum of Modern Art, wander through Chinatown, and eat some chili and chowder from a street vendor. Tuesday we're taking a cruise out to Alcatraz and going on a tour there. After that we'll probably come back into the city and take a walk up Telegraph Hill and head down to Fisherman's wharf to check that out.

fin


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



18th June 2007

Sarah claims to have seen dolphins
HAHAHA. that sentence cracked me up. i'm sure you did see dolphins Sarah. I'm glad you guys are having such a good time; your travel blog is very entertaining. We miss you!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb