Just took a cool tour of San Francisco


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
January 14th 2007
Published: January 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The F Line San Fran StreetcarThe F Line San Fran StreetcarThe F Line San Fran Streetcar

This is the F Line streetcar that the www.citystorywalks.com tour took us on. The cars are from teh 1890s to the 1950s and are beatifully restored.
So last year we went to almost a dozen cities in Europe, mostly in the Balkins and had a great time. But we aren't so into the organized tour scene so, for the most part we did our own research and had tours and info all ready before we got there.....fun but lots of work. In San Francisco, we found this site where we bought a tour and loaded it on to our iPods. It came with a PDF file that had a map and a sheet that showed how to get from one stop to another. It was soooo much esier than doing all the research and kept us off the bus tours too. I spent $20 for a half day tour for four people. It was very cool. The site is www.citystorywalks.com. I think they are only doing San Francisco so far but if they add more cities and I am going there, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Oh yeah, they have this other thing called a city oveerview or something like that and it recommended some restaurants. One of them was McCormike and Keletto or Kuletto or something close to that. It's in Ghrardelli Square and the thing from citystorywalks said to go there before sunset but to schedule it so that you are watching the sunset. The restaurant has killer views across the bay and to Alcatraz and it was a GREAT place to see the sunset. They said the food was just good, not fabulous but the view was what made it worth it and they were spot on.

They also recommened as a fun thing to do to rent bikes and ride across the Goldent Gate Bridge to Sausalito then take the Ferry back. We did that and it was a blast. We wil never forget riding a bike over the Golden Gate Bridge and watching the fog come in! They also tell you on the tour and have links on their site where to rent the bikes in a location close to the bridge and the wharf so you don't have to ried through miles of city traffic.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.5kb