42 Miles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
October 24th 2006
Published: December 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Golden Gate BridgeThe Golden Gate BridgeThe Golden Gate Bridge

Up close and personal.
Today we had planned to do some mountain biking in Marin Country which lies north across the Golden gate bridge. The day was grey and cold. Quite a contrast to yesterday.
So we hired Nomes a mountain bike and headed off across the Golden gate bridge and up into Marin country via the cliff road. We found some single tracks and went down then up again. In fact Marin country is fairly hilly so we spent most of the time going down and up. It’s pretty dry up here so red dust covered everything in no time. We rode out to the beach and then to muir woods, which is a national park with redwoods in it.
Finally we climbed up a windy bit of road for about 3 k and rode back to the hostel. On the way back we chatted to another cyclist who was riding back in the bike lane also. The only weird thing was we both were trying to figure out if we were talking to a he or a she. Hmmm it’s a weird world sometimes.
Once back at the hostel we discovered we had covered 42 miles or for the rest of the world, 68 km’s. Naomi was pretty beat (Canadian slang for tired) after the ride. The ride had pretty well taken up the day so after spending half the night trying to upload photos to my website I collapsed into my bunk.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Crossing the bridgeCrossing the bridge
Crossing the bridge

So good so far. We haven't taken out any pedestrians and haven't been taken out by speeding cyclists.
Marin Country tracksMarin Country tracks
Marin Country tracks

Naomi mountain biking in Marin Country
Marin CountryMarin Country
Marin Country

Through the hills we see the pacific ocean!


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.8kb