Free day in San Francisco


Advertisement
Published: August 2nd 2022
Edit Blog Post

July 30th, 2022.

Woke up 8ish after finally getting a decent sleep. Had a shower and came out of the bathroom bragging to Sandra that I felt “a million dollars”. About 10 mins later, I discovered “The Bible” with all our reservations and tickets had gone. That is just about the worst thing that could happen. We frantically looked for it everywhere and was just about to start calling around ride shares and railway lines thinking it might have been left on there, when I found it in a pocket that had torn and the folder had slipped through. Once we both calmed down, Sandra’s quote was “From a million dollars to poverty in a heart beat”. That cracked us both up and made us feel better.

Walked down to Fisherman’s wharf to look around. Got some souvenirs then got some breakfast at a yummy crepe place. Then decided to go on hop on hop off bus. We got off at Haight Ashbury and took in a good whiff of all the pot/weed being openly smoked in the area as it is now legal over here. There was some great little shops to wander around in. Only just made it back in time to get back on the bus. Next stop was the cable car. Well the wait was so long that we were getting a little parched so we stopped in at a great sports bar and had a couple of cocktails. Sandra loved the way they brought out complimentary peanuts & popcorn, which doesn’t happen at home. Sandra bought a t-shirt. Back in the line for cable car and watched some street performers playing drums on buckets, frypans and cowbells who were great. We got a great spot on the cable car and went from one end of Market St to the other. We were going to look at the crooked street but it was getting late so decided maybe tomorrow.

Back to the room to charge our phones and freshen up and went to look for some dinner. We found a lovely little restaurant serving seafood and steaks so we both went with the calamari and a cocktail. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it. We got on well with the waitress who suggested we have a ”Sparkle Barbie” cocktail instead of dessert. How could we refuse. Took a bit of getting used to but by the end of it ….. YUM!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb