Brunch, Fortune Cookies, Ferry Building, Alleys and Fine Arts


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
November 20th 2021
Published: January 7th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Day 4: Saturday, November 20th, 2021



For Breakfast this morning we headed to Sweet Maple, one of the go-to-brunch spots in San Francisco. I had their French toast and millionaires’ bacon. It was probably my favourite meal in San Francisco. The millionaire’s bacon was delicious. Millionaire’s bacon is thicker bacon baked with brown sugar, cayenne, red and black pepper.



After breakfast we headed to the Japan Center. Unfortunately, not many stores were open yet so instead we headed to Chinatown to the Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory. We bought some fortune cookies for home. They even had green tea and chocolate flavoured fortune cookies.



We then headed downhill towards the Ferry Building. At the Ferry Building Renata and I bought some chocolate at Dandelion Chocolate. Outside the Ferry Building there was also a Farmers market to explore. Nearby was the Cupid Span’s bow and arrow sculpture where Renata and I took some great pictures before the group headed to Ghiradelli Square to check out the Ghiradelli Chocolate shop.



At Ghiradelli Square we bought some chocolate to take home and enjoyed a relaxing sit down drinking their hot chocolate. Nearby, we witnessed the famous cable cars moving up and down and explored the hidden away Umbrella Alley. Andrea even found an art gallery that showed prints from Dr. Seuss. I also bought my commemorative San Francisco shirt nearby. I try to buy a shirt from every place that I visit.



By this time, we were exhausted and headed back to our Hotel Caza nearby. Andrea wanted to rest at the hotel so Renata and I headed to the Marina district for dinner and to see the Palace of Fine Arts. The Palace of Fine Arts was all lit up at night making it look enchanting. Nearby were also some beautiful expensive looking houses. The area would have been nice to visit during the day.



We walked from the Palace of Fine Arts to the restaurant Karaweik which serves traditional Burmese Cuisine. This was our first time trying Burmese food. We ordered some tea leaf salad and danpauk. The food was good and Renata’s proclaimed it her favourite meal of the trip. Afterwards we headed back to the hotel to pack as we head home tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Sweet MapleSweet Maple
Sweet Maple

Coconut Latte
Sweet MapleSweet Maple
Sweet Maple

Millionaires Bacon
Sweet MapleSweet Maple
Sweet Maple

French Toast
Golden Gate Fortune Cookie FactoryGolden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory
Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory

Andrea's Fortune Cookie being made
The CanneryThe Cannery
The Cannery

The Cannery in San Francisco with cute little shops and restaurants


Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0824s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb