The Ups and Downs of SF


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
October 20th 2006
Published: November 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Chinatown – San FranciscoChinatown – San FranciscoChinatown – San Francisco

don't miss this great place to shop and eat
Friday, October 20, 2006. A different bus takes us downtown SF to the financial area and we start our walking tour. Starting at First and Market, we begin up Market only to find we have walked into a film commercial for Kleenex. We were asked to sign (our life away0 releases and Bob asked to take pictures for himself, it was a Mexican standoff. Back to the walking tour, we go through Market Square onto Chinatown and North Beach (an Italian Section). We stopped at Sts. Peter and Paul, the church Marilyn and Joe DeMaggio had their wedding pictures taken. We continue up, up ,up to Coit Towers; residents purchased this lookout land and dedicated it to the California Pioneers, a beautiful view of the city.
From Coit Towers we walked to Lombard Street, the “crookedest street” it is a lovely street with manicured gardens. Got some nice photos. We did a lot of walking and walking.
Getting home on the bus is more difficult then coming into the city. There are two systems, the Golden Gate System (GGS) and the MUNI ( the municipal bus service). It took us quite a while, but we got home.
Saturday, October 21, 2006. Our last day in SF we drove the Bothan into the city, parked and began biking. Starting at the Presidio and Golden Gate Park, we are very impressed with the PEOPLE out and about—walking, biking, blading, kayaking, sailing -it is impressive, people out and about doing things---it energizes visitors to join in---and so we did. We biked to the Golden Gate Park , up and down the hills of SF—there we found oodles of folks involved in the walk for the cure for breast cancer. The number of people was a WOW! Our bike ride lead us out to the beach—only to see surfing,--it seems everyone is out “doing stuff”. Biking SF is tough,--, we pedal and gasp for air… uphill, or -downhill we test our brakes.
Back to the Bothan we start down RT. #1 and stop for the night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Lombard StreetLombard Street
Lombard Street

Don't miss this
Our little Bothan among the giantsOur little Bothan among the giants
Our little Bothan among the giants

This was the closest RV park to SF we used the bus


18th November 2006

about SF
Enjoyed touring SF via your blog. Must let Daryl see the graphics on the brewery sign. Hope your brakes held out on those SF hills.

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb