Great White Shark Cage Diving On the West Coast


Advertisement
Published: June 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

In recent years, a popular vacation activity is to go shark cage diving. This is not just for the adventure seeker! Many young as five and old as 90 have entered the Shark Cage to enjoy this once in a lifetime experience of being up close and personal with these breathtaking creatures!



The Shark Diving Cage is a floating cage which is custom-built for the industry. The cage is made of 12mm galvanised steel mesh (impenetrable by Great White Sharks). These Shark Diving cages have proven to be the most effective way to enter the world of the Great White Shark whilst remaining safe from their investigatory nips and provides you with an exhilarating experience like no other!



You will be with a shark cage diving crew that is highly experienced and qualified to guide you through this mind-blowing experience. Some companies have cages that are completely immersed in the water, while others are attached to the side of the boat. In these, your head is above water constantly and you do NOT require any diving experience or shark diving experience to fully enjoy this adventure.



Great White sharks are very inquisitive and will want to investigate what is in its environment. Once inside the shark diving cage, you’ll be told when a great white shark is approaching, you’ll duck your head below the surface of the water and watch this incredible predator swim closer as it chases after the ‘Chum’ which is used to entice the Great White Shark within easy view of the Shark Diving Cage.



The Great White shark's natural curiosity makes it possible to engage with them in their natural environment without putting yourself in mortal danger or interfering in the Great White Shark’s environment. Using a seal decoy and ‘bait’ the Great White Shark Handlers lead the shark to the area where the boat and cage are. Their investigation will take them around the boat and up to the shark diving cage as they sense the heartbeats of those within the water. The Great White Shark is not there to eat humans but to investigate… this investigation and natural curiosity is what you’ll thrive on the most in the water as you view the great white shark swimming gently past you within a meter, sometimes closer! The cage will protect you from their investigative nips.



For the adventure of a lifetime, check out some of the hot spots where Great White Shark cage diving is popular and be prepared for the experience of a lifetime.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb