Cancun, San Diego, Santa Barbara and San Francisco


Advertisement
Published: May 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Mon 30th April - Wed 2nd May - Cancun - Spring Break
Three beautiful days on the beach in Cancun. ThThe water here is a beautiful turquoise colouir and its as warm as a bath to swim in! Our hostel feels like a treehouse. Its all made of wood with hammocks outside. It's still crazy hot but there's a breeze by the sea and at about 5pm its perfect for swimming. We went out with a gaggle of australians to Senor Frogs - I can't repeat what it was like coz of the old 'what happens in ....stays in....'.
We spent a beautiful day on the isla mujeres - all the activities are too expensive for backpackers but we lay in hammocks and watched a big group of tourists successfully find this guy on his honeymoons wedding ring which hed lost in the sea playing volleyball.

Thurs 3rd May and Fri 4th - San Diego SHHHH!
We're staying at the Point Loma hostel in Ocean Beach which is a beautiful area but there are bossy older people who dont let you do anything - our ping pong ball was too loud. We spent a morning exploring Ocean beach which has the biggest waves ive ever seen and ate lunch on the longest pier on the west coast. Saw Spiderman 3 which was hilarious.

Sat 5th May and Sun 6th - Santa Barbara
We shared a greyhound from LA with a gang of guys who'd just been released from prison. Santa Barbara is so beautiful and has a really buzzing nightlife. I got a stomach bug and spent 24 hours lying in the hostel dorm which smellt worse than any boys room ever. Explored the lovely beach where there was a big memorial with 3000 crosses for all the fallen in Iraq.

Mon 7th - Wed 9th May - San Franciso
Taxi driver tried to convince us to stay in the downtown hostel but the short journey out to fishermans wharf was so worth it. were in a national park with a view of the golden gate bridge. .We spent an educational day at the exploratorium which is the best museum ever. I learnt a lot and had a long conversation with a computer programme called Daisy about the environment. We had a fun evening on the hostel bar crawl eating tapas and watching shokcing country karaoke. On our last day in the city we went on a walking tour round north beach, china town embarcadero etc. I want to live in San Francisco it's such a colourful city and the climate is perfect. New Zealand tomorrow!

Advertisement



18th May 2007

Look out for Hobbits
Plenty in NZ I hear. Have a wonderful "rest of vacation". x

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb