Saaaan Fraaancisco


Advertisement
Published: February 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello all!
Hope things are still going well down there, only a few more days until we will be back in good ol Aus!
Been having a lot of fun over here getting a taste of some different places in this huge country other than Mammoth, we travelled up to Reno (apparently the biggest little city in the world, whatever that means) for a night then had pretty much a full day of travel via bus/train to San Fran. Our experience here has been great, not least to do with the bright sun and comparitively warm weather (we've been wearing shorts and t-shirts although we seem to be the only ones, a few months of zero degree temps will make anything seem warm!) but all the shops and differing displays of culture have kept things interesting.
The hostel we are staying in has been good, free breakfast every morning and free dinner 3 nights a week has helped, and its interesting being around so many diffferent people from different countries. Its located right amongst the 'party' end of town and there are strip clubs and adult shops a plenty to choose from should the need arise (it hasn't as of yet but we like to keep our options open), as well as many a small bar and pub which often have great jazz music playing.
We've also got a fair bit of shopping in, as they have a lot of great clothes from around $20 to choose from, although i think shopping in Macy's then returning to the hostel with big bags isnt a huge part of the backpacker experience.


Reno also was a lot of fun, a night of that consisted of greasy hamgburgers, gambling, free drinks (waitresses constantly come around while you are at the tables/slots to replenish your drink supplies, not a bad move on the casino's part as by the end of the night nath, joe and i were fairly far gone), gambling, free drinks then... not much sleep before our bus ride.


Well must be off now to get our free dinner then some sleep, tomorrow we have to wake up at 5am to walk a few kilometres to get a 6:30am bus/train to LA.
Wasnt able to get any photos up but when we get home will post them all!


See you all soon - Ayd

Advertisement



4th March 2007

your trip
was great to read it all at one time thanks Nath a shame it was cut short but looks like yo had a ball anyway awesome experience lv berni

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb