Timing is Everything


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Sacramento
February 23rd 2010
Published: March 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Water use is a huge issue in California. Those in the north think those in the south shouldn't get it because the south is a desert. Those in the south think they have a right to water from elsewhere because people live there and require water to live. In the middle is one of the prime agricultural lands anywhere on the planet. Water is what makes this fertile valley possible. When you drive Interstate Hwy 5 from the Bay Area to Los Angeles (or back) you are constantly in the presence of the California Aqueduct. It is an artery of this precious liquid. State government is in charge of who along the route from north to south gets access. Not everyone agrees with decisions made in Sacramento regarding water rights. Some folks voice protest. Without getting into the debate, I do have one suggestion to those that placed these signs along the highway for all to see. You might want to take them down during the rainy season for obvious reason. Not many minds will be swayed your way when the dust bowl in question is lush and green. Just a thought.
Check out this article in the LA Times:
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hiltzik14-2010mar14,0,1339396.column


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb