Stop and help when you can....


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Redway
August 15th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

A Bodega selling dinosaurs.....A Bodega selling dinosaurs.....A Bodega selling dinosaurs.....

They say there's a buyer for everything......
Geo: 40.1203, -123.822

Landed in Redway after going through the Leggett California fire zone.....Nasty, nasty, nasty air. Things are so dry I'm surprised the entire state isn't on fire but going through this smoke zone was enough for me. Visiting one of my two favorite sister-in-laws for the weekend and come to find out she needs a barn built for her horse on the back of her property and she needs it now..... Well we got the time, we got the skill (ok Dave does), we can buy the beer and hopefully our backs will hold out to get it done in the next week or ten days. The hard part is having to build it around her 8 foot herb garden since harvest time isn't for another couple of months......lol.

We've started to adjust to the new adventure and loving most of it. You can't love everything about this...it's challenging, it's fun and it's scary sometimes. I know that sitting on our butts for two years didn't help in easing us back on the road (or to build a barn) for that matter but what really surprises me is how much we have forgotten that should be second nature......

-don't drink a ton during the day or you'll be up every hour on the hour all night long and when the bathroom is half a block away in the dark, you hate yourself every time you unzip the tent....

-if you let the air mattress lose too much air it will throw you on the floor when you least expect it, 2 am knocking over Dave's pee jug (yea he cheats) and landing on your butt...

-immodium is my best friend.....

-to be continued.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



18th August 2014

And what a reward it is!!! I can never get enough of that view!!! Sending my love to you all!!! Have fun!

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb