Brad Retired


Advertisement
Published: September 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well we've hit the road at last! We have been living fulltime in our Carriage CarriLite 5th wheel for the last year+ waiting for Brad to retire from the FAA as an Air Traffic Controller and on August 28th his 25 year career ended. We are launching tomorrow to travel the states and get to know our country. We look forward to hiking, biking, fishing, hunting, making new friends & seeing old friends and family along the way!


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

41 Rocket Circle41 Rocket Circle
41 Rocket Circle

Our space in Rancho Cordova, Ca while we waited to hit the road.
Jim & Janet WoodJim & Janet Wood
Jim & Janet Wood

Our neighbors and good friends, we will miss the fun times but look forward to seeing them next spring. Jim was a wealth of knowledge to us being a fulltimer for 15 years himself, there was never a question that he couldn't answer. Jan's garden was a delight on many an evening that we sat out together.
Brad & SharonBrad & Sharon
Brad & Sharon

This is at Brad's retirement party in Jim & Jan's backyard.
On the road at last!On the road at last!
On the road at last!

Hwy 80 heading east to Reno, Nevada our first stop.
Reno, NevadaReno, Nevada
Reno, Nevada

Our first night out, we stayed right across the street from the Peppermill Casino where we played video poker for free beer.
Storm clouds gathering..Storm clouds gathering..
Storm clouds gathering..

We watched the thunder clouds before us in the distance but stayed dry...until we reached Battle Mountain and it poured rain as Brad set up for the night!
Glimpse of the Snake River CanyonGlimpse of the Snake River Canyon
Glimpse of the Snake River Canyon

Wasn't fast enough with my camera.
Uncle Skip & Irene's house.Uncle Skip & Irene's house.
Uncle Skip & Irene's house.

Brad's cousin Lisa Young and Uncle Skip.
Labor Day PartyLabor Day Party
Labor Day Party

Uncle Skip & Irene hosted a party and invited all the family and friends. It was great fun, fantastic food and fellowship.


Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb