Getup, Get Dressed, and Getout!!!


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This was the day we were flying to Alaska!!!



After a fairly restless night concerned we were going to miss the flight we got up plenty early. It was 0-dark thirty when the alarm went off. With another hour till Road-Runner would pick us up…..except they were ½ hour earlier than arranged! Get up, get dressed, and get out!



The ride to the airport was pretty uneventful if you consider running two red lights and screeching to a halt in the middle of the intersection! Fortunatly, we made the plane with plenty of time.



The flight was great, with no bad weather and we arrived safe and sound in Anchorage.



We arrived in time to capture some great pictures and culture of the largest city in Alaska.



We had a great dinner on an old trestle bridge, interestingly called “The Bridge Seafood”. Getting there was half the fun, since there was no road shown on the map near the restaurant. We walked down an old road past the train station and found our eatery. As we walked back to the hotel, many of the shops were still open on evening of July 4, catering to the tourists.

Tomorrow we would jump on a train and make our way north. The history of Alaska is tied to the train and its completion up north made a huge difference in the economy. Thanks Woodrow Wilson for getting it done..


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb