Monterey


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Monterey
April 7th 2017
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.5976, -121.897

We always enjoy our time in Monterey. So much time can be spent just walking or biking the waterfront area and stopping to enjoy the seals, otters and other wildlife you see. The Monterey Bay Aquarium is a world class place and would be recommended to anyone who has never been there.

There are kayak rentals, whale watching boats and many other activities for those who wish to do so. We did two excursions to Point Lobos and Big Sur while we were in the Monterey area. Monterey is of course a great place to enjoy fresh seafood and other excellent meals as well as all the shopping you could hope for!

We also enjoy walking Fisherman's Wharf and checking out all the shops and restaurants and of course great people watching! One of the new features of parking on the streets is the parking meters accept credit cards as well as quarters. You indicate how much time you want the meter to run and then pay the amount you indicated. We helped a foreign couple figure out how to pay for their parking once we had figured it out ourselves!
.




Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Monterey Harbor wildlifeMonterey Harbor wildlife
Monterey Harbor wildlife

so exciting to see otters this close!
Monterey Harbor wildlifeMonterey Harbor wildlife
Monterey Harbor wildlife

mom and her baby


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb