Monterey, CA - you otter love it


Advertisement
Published: June 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: seals on bikeride 15 secs
Our day began in LA with multiple car repairs in the jewish quarter. (we had been the victims of a hit and run in flagstaff which left us crawling over the passenger seat to drive for about a week). As well as an oil change seeing as how we'd driven nearly 4000 miles at this point.

We didn't get out of LA until around 2 pm, and continued along our scenic drive on pacific coast highway. It was beautiful until the sun set and we were still climbing treacherous winding roads, cliffs on one side ocean on the other. When we arrived in Monterey we were happy to be alive, put on planet earth and passed out.

The next morning Leigh (sea otter enthusiast) wanted to go to the Monterey aquarium while the other 3 girls felt some cabin fever from being in the car for so long and preferred to bike around the peninsula. We started by all going to the bike shop to rent the bikes, but then realized that the aquarium was too far to send leigh walking by herself to. We remedied this by having kathy stand on the back spokes and cling to leigh as she peddled a bike. (pictures were taken.... but lost).

Leigh took many glorious photos and videos of sea animals (mostly sea otters) but sadly these pictures were lost the next evening (refer to san fran post). Sorry Leigh! But to get a general idea, go here: http://www.mbayaq.org/efc/efc_otter/otter_cam.asp

Meanwhile, Kathy, Nikki, and Blair explored the peninsula seeing pretty seascapes and flowers, sidenote: blair learned how gears on bikes work. Needless to say it was a painful ride until this point.

Afterwards we set out for the famous duartes restaurant for lunch (like artichokes? LOVE duartes!) and ending that evening in san francisco......


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



7th June 2008

Have you been dieting
Have you gals been dieting? You all look so thin! You definitely had more pounds during the graduation party in Charlottesville.
10th June 2008

Blair biking?
I was going to ask if Blay knew how to ride a bike but further on it was clear she was learning.
11th June 2008

seals
I like the seals

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb