My Road Trip to Monterey County


Advertisement
Published: April 28th 2020
Edit Blog Post

A road trip through the scenic roads of Monterey County is unforgettable. Memorable views along the 17 Mile Drive, the beaches and the coastal terrains are stunning to drive past. We have listed down the top scenic drives across Monterey County;

17-Mile Drive:




The 17-Mile Drive is a short drive located north of Carmel-by-the-Sea. This drive is weaved through its beautiful history, its existence in the early 1880s before the commercialization of automobiles is quite mind-boggling. It is a known fact that guests at Monterey's Hotel del Monte were taken on a carriage ride along this road.

This drive along the 17-mile road is clearly breath-taking with the view of beaches along the Pacific coastline, wildlife and mansions. We recommend you get out of your vehicle to visit the iconic Lone Cypress, Pebble Beach Resorts for its splendid golf courses and halt to experience the million-dollar mansions along the coast.

Highway 1:




Highway 1 is one of the best scenic drives in the world. The drive through Highway 1 goes through the wetlands of Elkhorn Slough and the fishing port of Moss Landing in the northern border of Monterey County to rolling sand dunes and artichoke fields as we head south. You will also come across the coastline of Carmel Highlands as you head south of Monterey. If you drive further south, you will come across the marvellous bridges of Big Sur which you cannot miss.

Carmel-by-the-Sea:




This is a small beach city known for its fairy-tale cottages, small shops and cafes. The drive along Carmel-by-the-sea is spectacular with the view of the clear-blue Pacific Ocean and beautiful cottages. The beaches here are dog-friendly and the city attracts many art-enthusiasts. Do not forget to enjoy the Point Lobos State Natural Reserve as you drive along this city.

Carmel Valley:

Monterey County has a stunning coastal view, but its inland view is also something you should not miss. This diversion can be quite exciting as you will come across stunning views of Santa Lucia mountains, Salinas Valley and drive past cattle ranches.

River Road Wine Trail:




Wine tasting is prominent activity travellers love to experience in Monterey County. This trail provides you beautiful scenic drive as well as a destination for wine lovers. There are various wineries along this trail where you can do wine tasting as you drive along.

Preparation

for Your Road Trip:


This trip can keep long hence you need to


• Carry a bunch of mineral water bottles.
• Carry sufficient snacking items.
• Download the map of the entire route on your GPS enabled phone.
• Carry sunglass, travel pillows, blankets and hand sanitizer.
• Your car needs to be in a very good condition since this is a long road trip. Any issue with your vehicle can cause you a lot of trouble in this trip. If your vehicle is not very comfortable for long travels and you have been meaning to replace it or buy a new travel-friendly car instead.
• Pack light as it will be easier on your vehicle also you will get more space in the car to travel comfortably.
• Do not forget to carry travel charger, torch and flashlight
• Pack first aid kit and general medications.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb