Day 28 - Santa Monica (and the rain!!)


Advertisement
Published: December 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After another few hectic days, we desperately needed a sleep-in. It turns out that LA had a large storm move through, so it had rained most of the night and was still raining all morning. So it was a good morning to take it easy. Once the rain eased late morning, we headed down to Santa Monica. We checked out the huge pier (the official end of Route 66), before walking along the beach toward Venice Beach. We encountered some weird and wacky stuff along this walk - the only shops open were tattoo parlours and pipe shops (not your musical instrument type). And the only people around were either homeless or insane (the kind that talk to themself and then get angry when you don’t respond to them!).

We ducked into a bistro for lunch and it started to rain. And rain. And rain! The LA streets and suburbs really aren’t used to much rain, cos they were so slippery and flooded very easily. We couldn’t do much more, so we headed back via bus to our hotel. Had a lazy late arvo watching a couple of movies before heading out to Sunset Blvd again for a great dinner at an Italian restaurant - the one that Courtney Cox and Jennifer Aniston catch-up for dinner every second Friday!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb