Day 37


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » LAX
August 23rd 2009
Published: January 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

As we had a late checkout of 2pm, we had our first sleep in in what felt like forever! We packed up all our belongings for the final time, and headed down to the lobby at around 1.30pm. They let us leave our luggage in a storage area, and bought tickets to catch the trolley car down to Manhattan Plaza.

The half hour trip took us along the scenic route, along Manhattan beach which was lovely. We found a Victoria's Secret, so we had a good look around there, but there wasn't anything else too exciting there. We went into a CVS to grab our last supply of US candies (yum!) then headed over to a California Pizza Kitchen. Fantastic pizzas, didn't disappoint. We followed it with the biggest sundae I think I've ever shared! Amazing Haagen-Daaz ice cream, chocolate and caramel topping, whipped cream, and yes, even a cherry on top!!

We headed back to the hotel after that, wanting to be sick! We got into our comfy clothes for the plane, then sat in the lobby playing numerous games of UNO till it was time to catch out shuttle to the airport. Time to go home!

The flight wasn't too bad, but we arrived in Melbourne to FREEZING cold winds at 8am. Still, it was good to be home!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb