Excellent Flight


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » LAX
July 27th 2008
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I am sitting in front of an all american motel in the middle of the night. It is 2 am, but the city of LA, like me, seems to have trouble trying to get to sleep. A drunken latino man is strawling through the street in front of me, a fat lady is going out of her room to get another pillow from her car, and young couples (max 18) in cabriolet cars are trying to get a room for a few hours to do what they aren't allowed to do at home. However, the motel is full.

Ida, mads and marianne are asleep, and i sneaked out because after 8 hours of sleep i didn't feel tired any more. I'm sinning too, because i'm having a cigarette outside (i must look like a bum to them).

Yesterday we had a fantastic flight. Eventhough we did not get an upgrade, we had the best seats of the cattle class. Marianne and me had tons of legspace, and the kids had two seats just behind us. Their behaviour would have made any grandparent proud. We got compliments from several americans how well they played together, and how well behaved they were.

When we arrived, we immediately took a taxi to the motel. Eventhough i thought the motel looked pretty shabby, mads thought it was the nicest hotel he had ever seen (he must have been tired). We had some burgers around the corner and soon after that, with spirits still high, went to bed.

More people are currently trying to get a room, so i'm happy we prepared well. Another preparation was the navigation system which i've just tested and works as well. So no worries currently. I will read a couple of lines from the book i've taken out with me and after that stroll the same way that the fat lady with the pillow went. I don't need an extra pillow in my bed, i've got mads!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb