FIRST Horse ride ever!


Advertisement
Published: April 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It's HollywoodIt's HollywoodIt's Hollywood

Took on way to horse ranch
We headed to the Sunset Ranch near the Hollywood sign to go on an hour's horse ride through Griffith Park. The horses tend to walk near the edge of the path by the drop down the mountain which made it interesting!. This was a first for Dawn, Ellie and I and it was a thrill, not for the faint-hearted but not to be missed. Adding to the excitement a number of fire dept and news helicopters hovered over the park but didn't scare the horses. I ended up as the lead rider as the horse knew where to go! We are too scared to take pictures of the views ..... so take our word for it that is was awesome!!

After the ride we all had rather sore bottoms and stiff legs for a while! The little kiddies declared this was one of the best days of the holiday, matching Disney!!!

We headed out to Simi Hills to visit the Ronald Reagan Library which is in a gorgeous setting with amazing views over the mountains. Highlights included a replica of the Oval office and Air Force One in a huge hall. You get to go inside the aircraft and it's an awesome experience. We even had our photo taken on the steps of Air Force One giving a presidential wave!



We headed up the coast to Santa Barbara via Carpinteria beach and as the gas was getting low were glad to find the hotel, where the crazy little two went straight into the pool, heated at 84 degrees!

.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Luke saddled up!Luke saddled up!
Luke saddled up!

Luke's horse was called Misty
Ellie saddled up!Ellie saddled up!
Ellie saddled up!

Ellie's horse was called Limo
Air Force OneAir Force One
Air Force One

Reagans Presidential Plane
Views of Simi ValleyViews of Simi Valley
Views of Simi Valley

At Reagans Library


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb