Living it up in LA Day 7: Santa Monica Pier (again) & WB Studios (again)


Advertisement
Published: August 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Last night, one of my boys was so excited to be at the beach he wet his pants. I'm not going to say which one, in case he ever gets a look at this blog, but let's just say he's old enough to know better. We only had a few minutes until the sun went down, and when he started playing in the sand he didn't want to take time out for a bathroom break.

With that kind of enthusiasm from the kids, how could we not take them back to Santa Monica Pier today? We arrived mid morning and they had two good hours in the sun to play in the sand and frolic in the waves. As far as swimming goes, I don't believe the beach at the Santa Monica Pier is the prettiest that LA has to offer. But, it is the closest to my sister in law's house which made it the most convenient. There was lots of seaweed in the water, but my kids didn't care. The Pier has lots of shops and expensive restaurants which we avoided by bringing our cooler with snacks and bottled water.

They rent bikes on the Pier which looked like fun, but we arrived in the heat of the day and couldn't stay out in that sun long enough for a bike ride. Another thing I would love to do if we go back is to walk the sidewalk down to Venice Beach. Venice is supposed to be a mix of weirdos and all sorts of strange sights. Maybe we'll do that when the kids are older.

We went back to the house for an early dinner then my husband and I drove back out to WB Studios. We had tickets to see The New Adventures of Old Christine. It was neat to see Julia Louis Dreyfuss in person and also Wanda Sykes, I'm fans of both of them.

We arrived to check in at 3:30 in the afternoon and the taping was over at 8:30pm, so it was another long evening. I can't shake the thought that working on a TV show, either in front of the camera or behind it, must be such a fun job.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb