LA Day Four


Advertisement
Published: June 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day Four

Where Im staying-ish (Green) to UCLA (Yelllow)to Getty (pink) :) We took the 405 (thats 4-0-5 not 400 and 5 :p) through the mountains to the 101 to get back :) it was very cool :) its a very big road.

Hey!
So today was a good day - again with the nasty Jet Lag meaning I woke up at nine, turned off the alarm, woke up again at 10.15 :p but that’s ok 😊 We had a relaxing morning then headed off to UCLA where Katya showed me around - that is one massive campus. As in, totally crazy huge, 20-min walks between classes crazy huge. Insane. But its really pretty and highly manicured and has wonderfully beautiful buildings, so its quite a nice place to walk while most people are away - its "finals week" so it was really quite, not many people there.
After UCLA we went to the Getty Centre, which was amazing. It’s a huge art museum in the Santa Monica Mountains, entry is free but parking is $10, and you take a tram from parking up the mountain to the Getty. It has amazing gardens and really big "grilled chicken sandwiches" - which are neither grilled (it’s the chicken that is grilled, not the sandwich) nor a sandwich - it’s in a hamburger bun. But it was very tasty nonetheless. There was some amazing art there - we only saw two of the displays - there are four or five main buildings, it’s huge. We saw a photo display with some very cool photos and some statues in another display. My fav were carved pine cherubs - they called them something else - but they were magic, very cool detail.
We went to a standard supermarket called Jon's - there is weird stuff in American supermarkets! But real food is so cheap! I bought all the stuff to make mums roast vege salad and beef schnitzel and some extras (root beer and Twinkies) and it was only a tiny bit more than $20!! Soooo cheap!! - And what’s with Twinkies anyway? They aren’t that great, they aren’t even that nice! But maybe that’s just me. It’s... sponge cake filled with that fake sweet cream stuff. Weird.
anyway, had a very cool day, view from the Getty looking back over LA is amazing, but there was a lot of 'sea fog' today, so not very clear pictures.
Love to everyone at home - God bless!
ps Photos coming soon 😊 sorry


Advertisement



11th June 2009

Twinkies = most disgusting "snack food" ever. Glad you enjoyed the fabulousness of the Getty Centre though; definitely worth the $10 parking ;).

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb