LA


Advertisement
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Setting offSetting offSetting off

Can you believe we managed to fit everything into two little rucksacks!
We decided to start the trip as we meant to go on; with a long leisurely lunch at TGI Fridays at Heathrow. We’d made it through the rigorous airport security where poor Matt kept getting picked to take his shoes off as he obviously looked a bit like a shifty shoe bomber type (must be the shaved head!) and we’d even made it around the shops without hitting the credit cards which was in itself a reason to celebrate.

The flight was on time and not only did we manage to get seats together but we got seats at the front of a block which meant we got extra legroom too. Just what we needed on a 10 and a half hour flight. At first the flight seemed like a good chance to catch up on some movie watching that we’ve missed out on lately because of renovating the house. After three films and dinner the novelty started to wear off. By film number four we’d both had enough and felt terrible as it was 3am UK time. How come everyone else can sleep on planes except for us? We’d even bought the blow up neck pillows but even this didn’t help.

Getting in to LAX feeling like death and with a massive headache we then had to face a mass of queues through baggage collection and security before we finally made it to a taxi.

We arrived at the Orange Drive Hostel at 9pm (5am UK time) $60 lighter and properly collapsed into bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1009.3kb