Day 18 and 19 - LA


Advertisement
Published: June 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 18, Monday 11 June 2007 & Day 19 Tuesday 12 June - LA miscellaneous stuff

Today we met up with J&J for a last breakfast and after seeing them off, the four of us decided we'd head to Santa Monica and the pier. Unfortunately, after arriving at the Santa Monica train station, we were informed that the pier is still another 45 minute DRIVE, yes drive, away. Strangely, we decided it wasn't worth the walk (or the drive, come to think of it!) and headed back to Hollywood.

It worked out well though, as we decided to see Oceans 13 at Mann's Chinese Theatre, which for me was just great!

After the movie we did a bit of window shopping and Sarah and I did a bit of shoe shopping. I managed to find myself 3 pairs of FAB shoes and Sarah found herself one pair. What to do with these shoes, I hear you ask, well, I've posted them off to J&J in the UK, so they'll be there when I arrive! Yay!

A relatively quiet day, not really anything much to report, but it was nice to have a quiet day and just relax a bit.
It was also our last dinner with S&D tonight, as they leave tomorrow night to go back to Australia.

Today is Tuesday, our second last day in LA. Toni and I pretty much just have a travelling day tomorrow. We catch a greyhound bus from LA to San Diego and spend a few days there, then after that we fly down to Mexico for our 15 day Gecko's Mexico tour.

Today has just been spent doing mundane things like washing and internet udpates and generally slacking off. I'll update again in a few days once there is something interesting to tell! Hopefully while in San Diego, we'll do the zoo and sea world.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Red shoesRed shoes
Red shoes

my faves! plus a matching bag!


13th June 2007

woo hoo shoes!
Ah katiegirl, all the other photos have been beautiful -capturing fantastic scenery, famous locations, adventures (theme parks and bull riding inc.) and other excitement. And now, photos that I can appreciate even more. Shoes! Nicely done Imelda. Your blog is killer, a fantastic retreat from Canberra fog.

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb