Livin' it up in LA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Hollywood
November 7th 2003
Published: November 7th 2003
Edit Blog Post

HollywoodHollywoodHollywood

Me and the Hollywood sign, thrilling huh?
A short 4 day stop on the way to New Zealand. Myke travelled all the way to LA to do the All Tomorrow's Parties festival with me in Long Beach!

Best festival ever!!!! Lots of really great bands were there like Modest Mouse, Built to Spill, Danielson Famile (a christian band), Sonic Youth and Iggy Pop! The festival is still in its growing stages so there weren't millions of people there and you could easily see the stage for all the shows without fighting to get to the front or fearing for your life if a mosh pit started up.

After the festival we made our way (via a very long bus ride and a very expensive cab ride) to Hollywood where we checked out the walk of fame, saw Kill Bill at the Chinese Theatre, did a Hollywood sign tour, and appeared live on the Jimmy Kimmel show! Good times! Our hostel was yuck and bed bug ridden but thankfully none of them hitched a ride in my luggage.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Hollywood 2Hollywood 2
Hollywood 2

Myke and the Hollywood sign. Equally thrilling!
BowieBowie
Bowie

Requisite star pic. This one is for Lisa!
SimpsonsSimpsons
Simpsons

This one is for Kris!
ZoroZoro
Zoro

Zoro takes on Myke!
BatmanBatman
Batman

Even Batman takes the escalator sometimes!


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb