Warner Bros Studio and Mike & Molly taping


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Burbank
February 25th 2012
Published: February 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On this day we had a lazy sleep and headed to Warner Bros Studio for our tour.

The tour is about 2.5 hours taking you through backlots of various shows

Some examples were Luke's Diner from Gilmore Girls & the Gazebo as well.
We saw Lorelei and Sukis house here too.

On the day we were there they were filming Harry's Law in one of the city sets. We drove past the sound stage of Big Bang and were able to go into the set but they had covered up the sets so we couldnt see much but it was fun to see the Leonard and Sheldons lounge room and the cafeteria where they sit and eat lunch.

The tour take you to the prop house- the biggest ever. This is where we saw the Friends set and were able to sit on the couch- (see photo)

You also get to go to the Warner Bros musuem where they store artefacts, costume etc from various movies. It is two floors an the whole top floor is dedicated to Harry Potter.

Two and half men, Ellen Degeneres, CSI and of course Mike & Molly are filmed here in sound stages. The day we visited it was Ellens birthday and they were doing a massive special for her. We tried so hard for tickets booking two months previous but were unable to get tickets. We were able to get tickets to Mike & Molly and we saw them film.

Filming commences at 6pm. They start by showing you the previous episode. Afterwards they introduced the cast, give you a basic synopsis of the story being filmed. Filming went for about 3 hours and it was very interesting to see how they film. Quite often if the response from the audience is not that as loud they will rewrite the script straight away to get a better response. In between takes they try to get the audience hyped up playing games, giving away money and feeding us. Was pretty fun and would recommend it if you can get tickets to see a show taping. Was hard to believe they only got 22 minutes filmed in 3 hours.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb