Rock On


Advertisement
Published: February 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

By Melisse.
On our way from Tucson to Sebastopol we stopped to enjoy one of our favorite spots again, Joshua Tree. We had hoped to spend several days there but due to Ruby’s repairs we had time to spend only one night and the adjacent afternoon and morning. Instant Fun! While meandering through the desert to go scramble over some rocks we came upon an expansive area that was strewn with images people had made from carefully placed stones. Our first encounter was with a stone spiral, which lured us in like a meditation labyrinth. We walked the circular path into its center and back out, while Quito stood by quite perplexed. It was fun discovering the “petroglyphs”, one by one, as we wondered (wandered?) over the terrain. Of course, we gathered up some stones to make one ourselves while Quito dug a bed of cool earth to wait for us in a spot of shade.



Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



17th February 2010

petraforms
These are fun... thanks sending them out! Too much snow in the Ozarks to try it here...
17th February 2010

Cool
That's great. Very cool.
17th February 2010

love it!
coming up for air...love the rock dog....like from "The Point"! sorry about Ruby repairs...I can dig it! We'll talk soon! L, J
18th February 2010

Hot Rocks!
I love the rock designs....the human and dog are my favorite. I also love Quito hanging out in a good spot and waiting for you guys. I forgot to tell you that when you came to visit, Penelope searched frantically for Q in the yard after she had greeted you both....I think she just didn't get why you were there and Q wasn't. Glad you are having fun !! We are cold!

Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb