Crossed over into California, saw the tamale sign and knew I was home!


Advertisement
Published: October 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

California here we come! We arrived at the Crescent Beach Motel and could hardly believe what a great find it was. Our room was on the beach with nothing in between us and the water except for some rocks. We had a view window; the sky was blue and the sun shining. We had three days here and nothing planned except to enjoy the beach. The first night it was very stormy. We had rain the next day, but we filled the day with grocery shopping, catching up on emails, visiting antique stores and we also went to see Dolphin Tales which was great.
We walked the beach morning and evening. We sat out on the porch just outside of our room eating smoked salmon and watching surfers and horseback riders.....oh and we played a lot of cards....I'm still winning😊
The highlight of Crescent Beach was taking a ride down the road through the Redwood forest to the End of Trails Museum. It is the most comprehensive collection of Native American artifacts in the world and it was amazing. There was a whole wall dedicated to Edward Sheriff Curtis brother of Asahel Curtis for his photography of the Native Americans. His goal was to photograph them in their daily life as he knew that their world would soon be lost. This museum was a 40 year project of Marilee Smith a Native American of Cherokee descent.
Oh, and those Giant Redwood trees were unbelievably BIG!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb