Day 178


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Crescent City
February 19th 2008
Published: February 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 178


Obfuscator writes: There's not much to say about this day. We left Seattle in the morning, and drove until 10:00 PM, for about 12 hours in the car all told. We drove down I-5 until close to Oregon border, where we detoured west to the coast. We picked up US-101 South, and followed it all the way down the Oregon coast. It rained for the whole first part of the day, which made it . . . slow and unpleasant. Eventually it started to clear up though, and so we were able to see how beautiful the Oregon coast really is. We didn't have time in this leg to stop and check it out, unfortunately, so I think we both mentally added it to our lists of things to see in the future. We pressed on all the way to Crescent City, California, by Redwood National Park. It was raining again by 10:00 PM, and the forecast was calling for more all night, so we pulled into a motel there. The Pacific Inn in Crescent City was a very decent little motel. They had a coupon in the tourist lodging books that made it a better deal than most we were finding in the region, and for a good price we got a nice and clean little room with a good wireless signal. No complaints on that count.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.292s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 24; qc: 93; dbt: 0.1379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb