Day 39 - HOLLYWOOD baby


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Big Sur
August 10th 2006
Published: August 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post


Waking at 5am to the cold, we started the car and started making our way along the beautiful coastal road, lit by the incredibly bright moon.

Making it to Los Angeles for lunch time, we had a quick cooling shower and then went exploring. Found the Kodak theatre, famous for hosting the Oscars, the walk of fame, the 'HOLLYWOOD' sign and many other camera highlights.

But the main reason for us being there was to see the band 'The Small Change' playing at the 'Knitting Factory'. Even with only one band member, Greg (unfortunately the others were stuck at the airport after the London foiled plot delayed their plane), the 'band' still played a number of tracks off the new album (which we knew as this was the only CD we had for the 300+ mile journey).

We were quite surprised how much we liked LA, and we'll be back. Can't wait to see Bel Air, the area of town where incredibly pedestrians are banned. So is stopping if you are driving. The power of wealth very visible there. Given the number of tramps around it's totally understandable though.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1012.9kb