California Highway 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Big Sur
August 3rd 2011
Published: August 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Cruising down the Pacific Coast Highway, California Highway 1, is a treat not to be missed.
Magnificent cliffs, winding turns, gorgeous views around every corner, and endless breathtaking vistas, and stunning sunsets abound. From just south of San Francisco to Santa Cruz, Monterey, Carmel by the Sea, and Big Sur, the road is mostly along high ground, until you descend the twisted rolercoaster road into the San Simeon area.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



4th August 2011
Pacific Coast View 2

Pacific Coast
Love the pictures. Maybe next time we can ship our bikes there and do the coastal route. I've been to Ireland and don't remember much other then kissing some stone. Or maybe I was stoned and kissing something. That was in the 70's and I'm sure what I was doing. So when all is said and done with this year of traveling it will be great to go and have some sushi with some friends and wives. Keep those pictures coming! Styles.
4th August 2011
Pacific Coast Sunset 2

unbelievable
My gosh Howie - your pix are amazing! I feel like I am right there! There is nothing like that drive - but can't wait for you do the "great ocean drive" in Oz :) Not to mention New Zealand!
5th August 2011
California Coast Clouds

WOW!!
this is fabulous!!

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb