California Cabriolet Cruise!!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Big Sur
January 21st 2008
Published: January 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wow, we have just arrived in a small town called Cambria which is just South of the Big Sur region. We have just driven down possibly the nicest ocean road in the world with views of the Pacific ocean to die for. We spent the night at riverside inn lodge which is surrounded by mountains and trees. It has been absolutely ammmmmazing.

And the only thing that has made the experience even better is the car we hired from San Fran was upgraded to a convertible for the same price as a basic! We couldn't stop smiling!

You could probably drive this road in about 3hrs if you tried but it must have taken us about 7hrs in total brecause you can't avoid pulling over every ten minutes as the views just keep getting better and better! Great time of year to do this drive as it's off peak really and your not sharing the road with too many other people!

Towards the end of this coastal road was one on the most intreaging sites and indeed sounds we've experienced as possibly a quarter of a mile stretch of beach was literaly covered with Elephant Seals, these creatures are mental, it's their breeding season and they just sit on the beach for around three months burping, farting, humping and then giving birth!!!!

The only way to really appreciate this drive is come and do it, that's a top tip from Ross and Karen!!!

Speak to you soon, we are gonna just hop back in our car and see where the road takes us!





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb