A Traveler's Secret Paradise - Pensacola Beach


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Baxter
March 31st 2017
Published: March 31st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Have you always dreamed of an island life but thought it was too far out of reach? You have longed for restful days on white sandy beaches and cool sea breezes in the evening. There are few places in the world that can truly qualify as a paradise. One of the most beautiful places within the continental United States is that of Pensacola Beach, Florida.

For all of the beauty and fine weather, Pensacola is one of the best cities in all of Florida to vacation at, not to mention it is also the furthest most western city in Florida. In addition, Pensacola has the distinct honor of being one of the oldest cities in the Untied States, dating all the ways back to 1559. With all of the history found in this beautiful city, it is a magnet for history buffs! For those looking for a secluded vacation, Pensacola has a small population of just under 10,000.

While this is still a small community, there has been substantial growth bringing in a wide assortment of businesses. While many of these advertise to the tourists, some of the best are only known to the local community. When you are staying at Pensacola Beach, you want to keep this information close by to have the best time while on vacation. Because while the beaches are the most beautiful in the world, you will soon see there is so much more to discover!

Speaking of the beaches, obviously, this is where you are going to spend the lion's share of our time. Having a beachfront condo is an experience that everyone should have at least once in their lives.

Having the ability to walk out the back door of your condo and start combing the beach for treasures in the early morning is one of life's truly great moments. Pensacola has gorgeous white sandy beaches, that are meant for long walks in the early morning.

Being able to walk out onto the beach from your own condo rental allows you more of an opportunity to enjoy this national treasure. As the sun rises with a gorgeous day so does the level of energy and excitement on the beach.

As you see more people finding that perfect spot on the white sand, you will see countless shops and restaurants open up for the day. In addition, the winds carry an assortment of music over the beach. While it is easy to get caught up in the beauty of this tropical paradise, it is important to remember that Pensacola is considered a sub-tropical environment. While you are enjoying that beautiful sunny, warm temperature, it is also quite easy to get harmed from it as well.

You ma want to take a tip from many of the locals and rent an ENO Hammock. Find a relaxing spot under the pier and stretch the ENO up across a few posts. Under here you will have your own private paradise filled with cool shade and the hypnotic sound of waves crashing. While the beach is the biggest attraction to this area, there is so much more to enjoy

As you finish a day on the beach, it is time to enjoy one of the tastiest dinners in the area at McGuire's Irish Pub Restaurant You will find that McGuire's is one of the area's finest traditions and unique eateries.

McGuire's features a truly authentic Irish experience with the absolute friendliest restaurant staff you will ever have! While the food is excellent, we guarantee you will not be able to leave without at least one souvenir from their fun gift shop. Let loose for the evening and grab one of their Irish Wake Mason Jars.

If you happen to order the Irish Wake drink during dinner, you will get one free. If you have plans for the evening or do not have a designated driver, keep in mind that these are strong. In fact, McGuire's enforces a strict limit of three on these powerful concoctions no matter how strong of an alcohol tolerance you may have!

Do you find the sound of bagpipe entrancing? If so, go ahead and ask one of the waitstaff for a little more history about the pub and you will be treated to a full tune on the bagpipes! Finally, when you are ready to leave, save a dollar, and it's not for the tip. It has become a long-standing tradition to leave a dollar bill tacked to the wall or ceiling with a short message and your name. There are over a million of these bills plastered all across the pub, and it is quite fun to read all of the various messages While you may be full from a stunning dinner and incredible drinks, it is not time to head back to your condo just yet. In fact, the night is just getting started on Pensacola Beach.

Grab a taxi or simply enjoy the night air as you make your way down to historic Palafox Street from your beautiful rental. Palafox Street is located directly in the heart of Pensacola. There are multiple shops and museums to enjoy before the lights go out.

While it is always an entertaining area, if you happen to be around on the third Friday of the month, you are in for a real treat. This is the night that is known as Gallery Night. On this night you will see the streets filled with locals and tourists alike as they enjoy the live music, games, and food that fill fills the streets, while many prefer to visit nearby haircut salon to look great for the night.

Many locals will tell you that Gallery Night gives New Orleans and Bourbon Street a real run for its money, so come prepared to party and have a great night. Take time to talk with strangers and become friends, buy someone a beer, or just enjoy an unusual game that will make you feel like a kid again.

Pensacola is a gorgeous Southern city with a rich history and incredible culture. While you can go and sit on the beach for a full week, why? As you can see, there is so much more to do. You are already staying in an incredible Pensacola Beach condo rental, take the time and live on your vacation. Of course, enjoy the beach, but don't forget about the rest of Pensacola. You will see why so many people call this a secret paradise!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb