A weekend stay at a vacation property near Bangalore: Divine Euphoria


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bangalore » Koramangala
July 7th 2012
Published: July 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I just came back from a trip to Divine Euphoria, one of the most attractive vacation properties near Bangalore. Whenever we travel to any vacation places or picnic spots around Bangalore, I take down a lot of notes hoping to blog about it, but I hardly get time once I get back home. Even though we have visited most of the popular weekend destinations around Bangalore and have taken hundreds of photos, I have published only a few so far. I am hoping to write about them all in the coming few months, once our kids start going to school after the vacation.

Divine Euphoria is our favourite weekend destination and picnic location near Bangalore. Yesterday was our third visit to this amazing farmland picnic place after I purchased a small plot there to build our own farmhouse. Before I go too far, let me give some background about this place and how we found this place.

After spending a good part of our life abroad, we decided to come back to our home country and spend the rest of our life here enjoying what we really love. Buying some farmland having a lot of animals and a lot of fun was one of the entertainment plans. I started searching for some kind of "managed farmland" where someone else will take care of all the work and we just need to spend our time with plants and pets. I posted the requirement in some forums and someone pointed us to Divine Euphoria. When we read more about them, it was like our dream coming destination.

Divine Euphoria FarmLand project near Bangalore




You can look at their website and get more information. Here is a high-level overview of this farmland project:


• Divine Euphoria is a Farm Land style vacation destination near Bangalore, India
• It is located on the Sangam Road, after Kanakapura, about 65 km from Bangalore
• You can buy small plots there and build your own farmhouse
• You cannot build any concrete/cement buildings. You cannot build a house to live for practical reasons (unless you love to live in a typical Indian village with no access to schools, hospitals, colleges, offices etc)
• Legally, you can build only a farmhouse to take care of the farm, but practically, it can be a vacation home in the style of a farmhouse. There are many styles of farmhouses already built by many people which include wooden cottage, mud house, tent house etc.
• Divine Euphoria is a resort-cum-farm land. There are a lot of common facilities like library, swimming pool, clubhouse, indoor games, outdoor games, pets, animals, walking trails and so on.
• They have preserved a farmland atmosphere, even though it has all the facilities of a resort. You will see an ideal farmland there with lot of animals, fishing ponds, lakes, birds etc. The place is surrounded by Hills on all sides. You can see a distant view of a Dam built for irrigation purposes. They have a restaurant and most modern amenities you see in luxury villages.

Our recent visit to the farmland near Bangalore




We started from our home in Sarjapur Road, in Bangalore at about 8:45 in the morning. Since it was a short day trip, we decided to go by taxi instead of driving myself. It took about 1 hour 30 minutes to reach the farmland. The drive through the villages and hilly areas was fabulous. One thing to note is, once you leave Kanakapura town, you will not see any shops, not even a country tea shop. So, if you are planning to
Hanuman statue at the famlandHanuman statue at the famlandHanuman statue at the famland

Divine Euphoria is a farm land project near Bangalore
visit the Divine Euphoria farmland, but some snacks, drinks and anything else you need from Bangalore itself or from Kanakapura. We spend about 6 hours in the farmland watching the birds and animals. Spend some time in the Yoga centre which was on top of some high elevations and in the bottom of a big hill. You cannot find any better place to do some yoga and meditation. The swimming pool, boathouse, library and boat house are not operational yet but we spend some time looking at the constructions and also listening to their marketing talk about the ambitious future plans! I think if they implement at least 50% of their plans, Divine Euphoria will become the best picnic destination around Bangalore.

We met one lady from Punjab or Mumbai who was living there in a tent cottage. She seems to be a frequent visitor with her children and grandchildren. This time she was with her son and was planting a lot of fruit trees in her farm plot. She owns a pretty big plot there and has planted a lot of trees and vegetables. I wonder if she would be able to pick the fruits/vegetables unless she visits
Tent cottage at farmland near BangaloreTent cottage at farmland near BangaloreTent cottage at farmland near Bangalore

Here is a ready to use tent house in Divine Euphoria. This tent house was already occupied by a lady visitor from Mumbai. She purchased a farmhouse plot at Divine Euphoria after reading the reviews about the project. She is from Mumbai and comes all the way to this place for vacations. When I met her, she said it was her 5th visit to the place.
often. When I asked her about it, she simply smiled and said her intention is not to make money out of vegetables. That was very true. I don't think even we bought the plot there to plant vegetables and harvest. Instead, people are there to have some quiet and relaxing time with nature and nurture the trees and plants.

Divine Euphoria Reviews




Like to have some time with the mother nature, away from the crowd and pollution of cities like Bangalore? You will not see any better place than Divine Euphoria. Even though there are many other farmlands near Bangalore, I don't see anything else even comparable to Divine. Whether you want to buy your own plot and build a farmhouse or buy an already built cottage or just rent a cottage for an overnight stay or just have some day trip picnic, you can confidently choose this place.

All good things come with some not so good experience as well. Here are some drawbacks I can think of about this place:


• No internet connection. If you are a busy worker and like to continue your online work while your family enjoy the vacation, you
Wooden cottage at Divine EuphoriaWooden cottage at Divine EuphoriaWooden cottage at Divine Euphoria

This is another cottage which look very beautiful. This is ready to occupy and serves the weekend visitors from Bangalore to this farmland often.
do not have any choices here (unless you have your own mobile internet or data card)
• No hospitals in the vicinity if you have an emergency. No doctor on call. Medical help may be too far.
• No restaurants nearby. You will have to either cook yourself or depend on their restaurant, which is not yet completed.
• Slow progress of the project. They launched the project more than a year ago, but it is not even near completion. Day picnics and night stays are offered only for the potential customers and people who have contacts with them. Not yet open for public. Very fewer visitors currently.
• Private properties are mixed with common amenities. You will have no idea which cottage is occupied by private parties and which are common properties which everybody can walk in to.
• Too large area surrounded by hills. Small kids may get lost within the property because of similar looking plots and roads.
• No internal transportation. You may have to drive or walk pretty long distance from one amenity to other. They said they will provide battery operated carts like Golf cart, but I don't see anything coming up yet.



I have given my
Mud house at Divine EuphoriaMud house at Divine EuphoriaMud house at Divine Euphoria

This mud house is under construction. I think this is a model cottage, which visitors can rent for overnight stay at the farmland. I think visitors from Bangalore and other metro cities who live in concrete apartments would love to spend a few nights in a mud house.
feedback to the developers a few times and they seem to be listening to all suggestions. None of my suggestions are implemented so far, but they promised they will look in to all these. I have written a more detailed review of Divine Euphoria Farmland project at IndiaTravelBlog.

How to reach Divine Euphoria




The farmland is located about 65 km from Bangalore city. If you are coming from Sarjapur Road or Martahalli area, take the Hosur Rd and then take NICE road. Exit at Kanakapura Road. You will reach Kanakapura within an hour. After Kanakapura junction, take the left turn towards Sangam road, which leads to the Cauvery river and the famous fishing camps. After about 11 km, you will see a small signboard on the left side to Divine Euphoria. The destination is about 1 km from the state highway to Sangam.

Avoid travelling in the night to the place since it will be hard to get guidance in case you get lost. There are not many houses around and you will hardly see any people after sunset.

Advertisement



15th September 2012

Nice article!!!!!
Any idea wats the cost out there?
10th February 2013

Farm house near bangalore for days
Please if you can have any farm house which v can hire for days (22nd Feb Evening to 24th afternoon) plz call @ 9886835202 or 9986714517
7th March 2013

Hi
It is nice to know about it. Thank you.
14th September 2013

Beware of Divine
My recommendation is to be cautious before you venture into this; don't fall into their trap of seeking money & forcing to enter into agreements even before legal clearance. In fact, I doubt the legal clearance of papers since they were not able to provide one, for the piece of land I was interested & finally I pulled out! I was not willing to get trapped by their urgency to enter into agreement without my attorney clearance!
11th December 2015

Enquiry-
Enquiry- cost per sft., and min sft which u r selling, send to mail.

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0822s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb